Released on March 30, 2021
- Fixed: Changed favicon status to reflect overall system status. If a host is in an error state, the icon is red, if some hosts have service errors the icon is yellow. Green if no hosts have errors. Grey if all hosts are in ignored or in inactive state. Caveats. Does not work with Safari. Only implemented for dashboard. I.e. whenever the dashboard page is visited the favicon updates or when the background timer updates the dashboard.
- Include upgraded OpenSSL, version 1.1.1k, which fixes the following vulnerabilities:
CVE-2020-1971 CVE-2021-23840 CVE-2021-23841 CVE-2021-3449 CVE-2021-3450
- Download the release for your OS.
- Unpack the tar.gz file in a directory, any directory will do, but unpacking in /opt or /usr/local are good choices.
- Go to the unpacked mmonit-3.7.7 directory
- Run M/Monit using: ./bin/mmonit
- Point your Browser to the host where mmonit is installed (or "localhost" if running on the same machine), for example: http://localhost:8080/ and login as user admin with password swordfish
- If you want to set up M/Monit to use MySQL or PostgreSQL instead of the default SQLite database, follow these instructions in the wiki.
- More documentation can be found inline in the application and in the manual (PDF).
The upgrade program can be used to automatically copy database and configuration files from the previous installation and update the database schema. On macOS upgrading is not needed as the installer will upgrade M/Monit in /usr/local/mmonit automatically.
The whole upgrade process should take less than a minute and you do not have to stop or change Monit on other machines during this process. Monit will simply pick up and start reporting to the new M/Monit 3.7.7 version.
- Download the new 3.7.7 release for your OS.
- Install M/Monit 3.7.7 in the same directory as previous release. For example:
- Stop the previous M/Monit release:
- Run the upgrade program and specify the path to the previous M/Monit release:
/usr/local/mmonit-3.7.7/upgrade/upgrade -p /usr/local/mmonit-3.7.6
- Start M/Monit 3.7.7:
- Finally, please clear your browser cache before accessing M/Monit 3.7.7