Released on August 26, 2015
- New: Enable ECDH ciphers for Monit's HTTP interface.
- Fixed: Crash that could occur when trying to delete a non-existing hostgroup id.
- Fixed: Hostgroups admin (admin/groups) could display duplicate hosts when a new hostgroup was created.
- Fixed: M/Monit could use 100% CPU under certain circumstances with high network latency.
- Fixed: The event reports page (reports/events) could display duplicate events if service group filter was set.
- Security: OpenSSL vulnerabilities CVE-2015-1793. The OpenSSL team released version 1.0.2d which fixes these bugs. This version of M/Monit distribute and link with the fixed version of OpenSSL.
- Download the release for your OS.
- Unpack the tar.gz file in a directory, any directory will do, but unpacking in /opt or /usr/local are good choices.
- Go to the unpacked mmonit-3.5.1 directory
- Run M/Monit using: ./bin/mmonit
- Point your Browser to the host where mmonit is installed (or "localhost" if running on the same machine), for example: http://localhost:8080/ and login as user admin with password swordfish
- If you want to set up M/Monit to use MySQL or PostgreSQL instead of the default SQLite database, follow these instructions in the wiki.
- More documentation can be found inline in the application and in the manual (PDF).
Upgrading from previous M/Monit releases (2.3 or later)
The upgrade program can be used to automatically copy database and configuration files from the previous installation and update the database schema.
The whole upgrade process should take less than a minute and you do not have to stop or change Monit on other machines during this process. Monit will simply pick up and start reporting to the new M/Monit 3.5.1 version.
- Download the new 3.5.1 release for your OS.
- Install M/Monit 3.5.1 in the same directory as previous release. For example:
- Stop the previous M/Monit release:
- Run the upgrade program and specify the path to the previous M/Monit release:
/usr/local/mmonit/mmonit-3.5.1/upgrade/upgrade -p /usr/local/mmonit/mmonit-3.5
- Start M/Monit 3.5.1:
- Finally, clear your browser cache before accessing M/Monit 3.5.1