Home / MMonit / Release 3-5
Released on May 5, 2015
Changes | New installation | Upgrading | Known Issues
- New: Host Admin API for deleting inactive hosts. With inactive hosts we mean hosts where Monit was gracefully shutdown or hosts that have been turned-off and now reports a heart-beat failure to M/Monit (because Monit was not gracefully stopped). Such hosts are typical virtual host which you spin-up in the cloud with Monit installed and then take down later. The API method was introduced to make it easy to bulk remove these types of hosts from M/Monit. Here is a cURL example for purging hosts which have been inactive for the last 24 hours (to run successfully, you will first need to login to M/Monit via cURL as described here):
curl -b ~/.cookie -d inactive=86400 http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin/hosts/delete
- Fixed: Jabber notifications: authentication with Prosody based XMPP servers.
- Security: SSL/TLS compression has been disabled, as well as RC4 and DES ciphers.
- Download the release for your OS.
- Unpack the tar.gz file in a directory, any directory will do, but unpacking in /opt or /usr/local are good choices.
- Go to the unpacked mmonit-3.5 directory
- Run M/Monit using: ./bin/mmonit
- Point your Browser to the host where mmonit is installed (or "localhost" if running on the same machine), for example: http://localhost:8080/ and login as user admin with password swordfish
- If you want to setup M/Monit to use MySQL or PostgreSQL instead of the default SQLite database, follow these instructions in the wiki.
- More documentation can be found inline in the application and in the manual (PDF).
Upgrading from previous M/Monit releases (2.3 or later)
The upgrade program can be used to automatically copy database and configuration files from the previous installation and update the database schema.
The whole upgrade process should take less than a minute and you do not have to stop or change Monit on other machines during this process. Monit will simply pick up and start reporting to the new M/Monit 3.5 version.
- Download the new 3.5 release for your OS.
- Install M/Monit 3.5 in the same directory as previous release. For example:
- Stop the previous M/Monit release:
- Run the upgrade program and specify the path to the previous M/Monit release:
/usr/local/mmonit/mmonit-3.5/upgrade/upgrade -p /usr/local/mmonit/mmonit-3.4
- Start M/Monit 3.5:
- Finally, clear your browser cache before accessing M/Monit 3.5