Released on March 23, 2015
- New: Host Admin: Support for setting acceptable report skew up to 999999 cycles.
- Fixed: Analytics: Charts for the last day or higher range could contain sporadic gaps.
- Fixed: Status Details page: Action failed with no error displayed when all services were selected.
- Fixed: Support IE11 in intranet compatibility view mode.
- Fixed: Linked with latest OpenSSL 1.0.1m
- Download the release for your OS.
- Unpack the tar.gz file in a directory, any directory will do, but unpacking in /opt or /usr/local are good choices.
- Go to the unpacked mmonit-3.4.1 directory
- Run M/Monit using: ./bin/mmonit
- Point your Browser to the host where mmonit is installed (or "localhost" if running on the same machine), for example: http://localhost:8080/ and login as user admin with password swordfish
- If you want to setup M/Monit to use MySQL or PostgreSQL instead of the default SQLite database, follow these instructions in the wiki.
- More documentation can be found inline in the application and in the manual (PDF).
Upgrading from previous M/Monit releases (2.3 or later)
The upgrade program can be used to automatically copy database and configuration files from the previous installation and update the database schema.
The whole upgrade process should take less than a minute and you do not have to stop or change Monit on other machines during this process. Monit will simply pick up and start reporting to the new M/Monit 3.4.1 version.
- Download the new 3.4.1 release for your OS.
- Install M/Monit 3.4.1 in the same directory as previous release. For example:
- Stop the previous M/Monit release:
- Run the upgrade program and specify the path to the previous M/Monit release:
/usr/local/mmonit/mmonit-3.4.1/upgrade/upgrade -p /usr/local/mmonit/mmonit-3.4
- Start M/Monit 3.4.1:
- Finally, clear your browser cache before accessing M/Monit 3.4.1