Released on February 24, 2014
- New: Better support for running M/Monit behind a proxy server. Hostname and port number in URLs can now be set to match the proxy server.
- New: Easier to use upgrade program with support for direct upgrade from M/Monit 2.3 or later.
- Fixed: In case of session timeout. Reload and show the login page instead of displaying the login page as text in an error popup.
- Fixed: Allow special char in Monit Username and Password.
- Fixed: performance improvements in Alert Admin.
- Fixed: stop name editing mode if clicked outside in Hostgroups Admin.
- Download the release for your OS.
- Unpack the tar.gz file in a directory, any directory will do, but unpacking in /opt or /usr/local are good choices.
- Go to the unpacked mmonit-3.1.2 directory
- Run M/Monit using: ./bin/mmonit
- Point your Browser to the host where mmonit is installed (or "localhost" if running on the same machine), for example: http://localhost:8080/ and login as user "admin" with password "swordfish"
- If you want to setup M/Monit to use MySQL or PostgreSQL instead of the default SQLite database, follow these instructions in the wiki.
- More documentation can be found inline in the application and in the manual (PDF).
Upgrading from previous M/Monit releases (2.3 or later)
The upgrade program can be used to automatically copy database and configuration files from the previous installation and update the database schema.
The whole upgrade process should take less than a minute and you do not have to stop or change Monit on other machines during this process. Monit will simply pick up and start reporting to the new M/Monit 3.1.2 version.
- Download the new 3.1.2 release for your OS.
- Install M/Monit 3.1.2 in the same directory as previous release. For example:
- Stop previous M/Monit release:
- Run the upgrade program and specify path to the previous M/Monit release:
/usr/local/mmonit/mmonit-3.1.2/upgrade/upgrade -p /usr/local/mmonit/mmonit-3.0
- Start M/Monit 3.1.2:
- Finally, please clear your browser cache before accessing M/Monit 3.1.2