M/Monit Road Map
This page list some of the main functionality and features we are working on for the next major M/Monit release. See also the status report page
- More reports and charts;
- Agent-less monitoring. Use M/Monit, without requiring Monit, to monitor hosts and network. Basically use M/Monit to create your own "pingdom".
- Monitor MySQL and PostgreSQL database systems, with the ability to write custom SQL queries and monitor the result.
- Configure Monit from M/Monit; Configure Monit agents from the M/Monit web-interface using point-and-click. No configure file required.
- More fine-grained access level; Associate hosts (and reports) with user roles. Allow admin to set up M/Monit so a logged in user can only view and access a subset of hosts and reports.
- JSON API. Extend the current API and allow CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update and Delete). Current version only supports Read.
These are only a few of the planned features and we cannot guarantee that a feature will make it into a certain release. If you decide to buy a M/Monit license key now, the license key for the current M/Monit 2.x version will continue to work with the new 3.0 version.